UPDATE – JUNE 6th, 2020
Great news! With the latest from the Governor’s list of openings, we are able to open the POOL!! This is such welcomed news! There are of course some limitations on occupancy, but we are working to find the best way to do this and allow everyone access to the pool area. We also put in the bongos, slip-n-slide/waterwhoosh, etc. So kids and adults should be able to keep busy.
We are working on finishing the internet to all the cabins. Sounds like June 16-17 will be the actual hook-up day if all goes according to schedule! That will be a nice addition for guests to have wifi in their cabins.
The next step in the Covid-19 planning will be trying to figure out what activities we will be able to have. We know many kiddos and even some adults love the minnow races, bingo night, craft time, etc. So we are working to find ways to keep some of the activities going. However, this being such a crazy year, might make it a little tricky. So bare with us.
Overall, things are starting to get back to a “new normal” and we are happy to see so many familiar faces coming up! We do still have a few weeks with openings, so if you have friends, or if you’ve never tried a vacation with us, please email or call and we’d be happy to try and get something lined up.
UPDATE – May 13, 2020
We have made it through our first opening weekend and the responses have been GREAT! Our guests have been grateful to finally be at the lake for a different view, some fresh air, and some peace of mind!
We also have been able to see how some of our operating procedures have or have not worked!! We had our Lakeside Walk-Up Window open and ready for Ice Cream! It worked great and will be a welcome addition to the resort!
- We also started working on a new Check-In/Check-Out procedure. We are working toward a “touchless” option for guests to Check-In and Check-Out. So far we’ve had positive feedback.
- We are setting up Sanitation Stations at the park, both beach areas, lodge, laundry room and fish cleaning house. These areas will be sanitized daily, but extra sanitizing wipes will be available for guests to use.
- We work very hard to keep our cabins clean and sanitized always, but this year we are taking it a step further. We removed many of the soft surfaces and surfaces that would be hard to sanitize from the cabins. We also decided to remove the top quilt/bedspreads from all the beds. We will have clean fitted and flat sheets, pillow cases, and blankets. Additional blankets and quilts will be available in the lodge if you need more.
- We know many of you are wondering about the pool and big water toys (bongos, slip-n-slide, etc). We are also wondering! We are waiting to hear from the State Health Dept on what their recommendations and regulations will be. As soon as we know anything, we will let our guests know of any changes.
- We are excited to be moving forward and can’t wait to see all our guests and help make their vacation memories A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
This is truly a unique time for all of us. We hope this message finds you and your family safe and healthy. Please refer back to this site to stay up to date on how COVID-19 is affecting your vacation plans at Finn’n Feather Resort.
April 27 –
Yes, we will be open for the Fishing Opener! We were excited to get the news and are busy getting things ready! We are planning to continue to work with State and Local agencies to make sure we can open and provide a safe, and fun vacation for all our guests. We have spent endless hours trying to figure out what the summer will look like. And honestly, we have found we really can’t tell. So we will be adjusting activities, amentities and cleaning protocol on a weekly basis. If we need to make changes that may affect your vacation, we will reach out to each of our guests individually. Otherwise, we are going to continue to move forward finding ways to keep things as “normal” as can be expected during these very uncertain times.
We encourage any guests with questions about their current reservations, to please call, email, or message us and we will do our best to find ways to accomodate you.
We have decided out of an abundance of caution to move all summer reservations to a 6-night only stay, with a Friday morning departure. This will give us 30+ hours to air out cabins and thoroughly clean before the next guests arrive. We have been reaching out to all our summer guests to discuss this and help make the change as easy as possible.
Thank you all for your support and understanding during this very uncertain time. We can’t wait to see you all and look forward to providing you with another amazing summer vacation!
Please call or email with any questions:
218-335-6598 – firstname.lastname@example.org